Complete Guide How to Travel from Ayodhya to Srilanka Ramayana Express
Ramayana is an ancient epic journey of Lord Rama and his wife Sita life’s journey about Ayodhya to Lanka and returns to Ayodhya. Valmiki composed it in the Sanskrit language.
India railway (IRCTC) is not started this epic journey from Ayodhya to Sri Lanka for all people who are interested in visiting all the places which were mentioned in the Ramayana.
The train started its service from November 14th and can carry 800 passengers
The Indian railways declared that Shri Ramayana Express would cover all destinations associated with the lifespan of Lord Rama. Shri Ramayana express booking made by IRCTC tourism.
Below we explain a complete guide for Ramayana express how to book and more about places.
Places from where the train route starts and end:
Railway minister Piyush Goyal first made the declaration for the special train in July. It begins its journey from the Safdarganj railway station in New Delhi and then makes a stop at Ayodhya, Nandigram, Janakpur, Varanasi, Prayag, Shringaverpur, Chitrakut, Hampi, Nashil & Rameshwaram.
Its first stop at Ayodhya, and which it continues to Hanuman Garhi Ramkot and Konak Bhawan Temple. Then go to Ramayana circuit- Nandigram, Sitamarhi, Janakpuri, Varanasi, Prayag, Shringverpur, Chitrakut, Nasik, Hampi & Rameshwaram.
Above are the Ramayana express train stops where you can explore the holy places as per the itinerary.
The train covers all destinations in 16 days all-inclusive package for travelers. Most exciting part is the train cover apart from India in Srilanka as well.
Indian railways announced that travelers who are interested in Srilankan part they have to take a flight to Columbo from Chennai or Mumbai.
Passenger capacity and fare
At least 800 passengers can travel together in Ramayana Express. The ticket of a person will be 15,120 rupees. Trains will be taken travelers for the Sri Lanka tour separately.
Shri Ramayana Express IRCTC booking
The journey from India to Sri Lanka will be a total of 16 days. Arrangements for lodging and lodging in the IRCTC’s special tour package will be arranged. If you also want to book tickets, you can book on IRCTC’s website.
Apart from this, booking can also be made from the 27 Tourist Facilitation Centers located in the country of IRCTC and check Ramayana express train running status as well.
Flight Package Booking from Mumbai for Ramayana Express to Sri Lanka Tour:
IRCTC zonal office in Mumbai starts most affordable tour package for 4 nights-5 days.
The package associated the places of Ramayana in Sri Lanka. Also includes the visit to renowned Ashok Vatika(Hakkagala Botanical Garden) and temples of ancient times including Sita Amman temple, world’s biggest tea garden and many more.
Package: Shri Ramayana Yatra(SriLanka) from Mumbai
Destination cover: Columbo, Nuwara Eliya, Kandy
Travel Mode: Flight from Mumbai(India)
Departure dates: as per IRCTC bookings
Meal Plan for passengers: Breakfast, Lunch & dinner
Total passengers seat: 36 persons
Comfort class Tour fare for all categories: (Fare may vary on dates of departure)
- Adult/ Single Occupancy 54,990 approx
- Adult/ double occupancy 45,290 approx
- Adult on triple Occupancy 45,290 approx
- Child with bed(2-11) 33,990 approx
- Child without bed(2-11) 32,290approx
- Infant up to 2 yrs 19,990 approx
This above package includes all stay and sightseeing
- Accommodation in Nuwara Eliya, Kandy & Columbo in 3-star hotels
- American meal plan
- Transfer and sightseeing by deluxe buses
Note: Urgent Visa Charges not included. A standard visa will be included.
Shri Ramayana Express IRCTC booking can be made from the website itself. Any personal expense apart from the Package will be bear by tourists.
A beautiful initiative started by IRCTC will amazed people who love to explore ancient Epic places from the Holy Granth Ramayana.
As per the above package details, you can start from Delhi also for the Sri Lanka tour of Shri Ramayana express booking.
Temples of ancient times include Munneshwari, Munnawaram, Hanuman Temple, City Tours, and many more included.
Package: Shri Ramayana Yatra to Sri Lanka from Delhi
Destination covers: Negombo, Kandy, Nuwara Eliya & Columbo
Travel Mode: Flight
Departure date: As per IRCTC Bookings
Duration: 5Nights- 6Days
Meal Plan: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Comfort class Tour fare for all category: (Fare may vary on dates of departure)
- Adult/ Single Occupancy 65,120 approx
- Adult/ double occupancy 50,650approx
- Adult on triple Occupancy 49,650 approx
- Child with bed(2-11) 36,160 approx
- Child without bed(2-11) 34,160approx
Infant fare would be deposit in cash at the time of booking.
Shri Ramayana Express bookings made for standard category only.
Here are key things to know about ‘ ‘Shri Ramayana Express’:
- IRCTC offers to run ‘Shri Ramayana Express’ exceptional Tourist train on Ramayana cover the holy places associated with the life’s journey of Lord Rama. An additional tour is also planned to visit the places of Ramayana located in Srilanka, said IRCTC Tourism.
- The ‘Sri Ramayana Express’ train service started from Safdarjung railway station in Delhi and made its first halt in Ayodhya.
- En-route, Sri Ramayana Express will halt at Nandigram, Sitamarhi, Janakpur, Varanasi, Prayag, Shringaverpur, Chitrakoot, Hampi, Nasik and Rameshwaram.
- Travelers can select to travel to Colombo, the capital of Sri Lanka from Chennai by flight also, as tweeted by Piyush Goyal.
- 5 Also, passengers can be done booking flight tour from IRCTC “Shri Ramayana express booking” from Delhi and Mumbai as well.
- 6 The train can carry approx 800 Passengers.
- 7. The bookings for the trip will be made in a standard category only from Shri Ramayana Express IRCTC booking.
- 8. The package will include travel, accommodation, food and visiting the attractions provisions also, as tweeted Piyush Goyal.
- 9. Always a Tour manager will be escorting the passengers during the trip, tweeted Piyush Goyal.
“Due to Rate of Exchange Improvement, package price has been revised. Tourists already booked n this package are requested to pay the differential amount to IRCTC Representative at the airport/booking offices of IRCTC Ltd.”